Sunday, March 18, 2012

11/52: Beauty in the Everyday Details

I have to admit. I put no thought into this week's photo. After the week I had, I really felt no inspiration for photography what so ever. But after going through my SD card tonight, I found a shot that I thought, could kind of  work for the theme:

11/52

And then I started thinking...
I get so focused on the BIG PICTURE. I work myself into a frenzy, sometimes, with the BIG PICTURE. My anxiety kicks in, thinking about all the things I have to get done, the dreams and aspirations I'd like to someday achieve, the projects I'd like to tackle. I worry about my children's futures, what they will become, whether we will be able to meet all of their growing needs. I worry about things that haven't happened yet...and probably never will.



I get so focused on the BIG PICTURE, that I often forget to stop and see all the beauty that is around me. These two precious kiddos of mine: here they are, growing up before my very eyes. Why, oh why, do I fret about the laundry and the dishes, and the dirty floors, and the 28 other children that don't even belong to me? This week's picture is a reminder to myself to stop and really see those everyday details. The rocks below my feet. The crushed dandelions that Littles brings me. The love between these two, even when they're bickering.


So this week, I'm challenging myself, amidst a crazy birthday-party-prepping/lesson-observation week, to slow down and appreciate the little moments. The bedtime stories before bed. The snuggles and hugs. The dandelions and rocks.

Have a great week, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a challenge for all mamas! These precious few years we get while they grow go so fast. And you're right- the pile of laundry shouldn't be allowed to consume our attention to those beautiful, simple moments! I just finished birthday planning/party having madness...Happy Birthday, Miles B!
    xoxo
    Ps totally looks like he has a robotic arm when he's kissing Lissy...coooool! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post! I so feel ya on that one. Love that kids don't miss the stuff we miss... having them is like having our own personal reminder to enjoy life, every little piece of it. Wishing you a great week. And Don't forget to ask for help if ya need it ;)

    ReplyDelete